FREE Kuchi Kopi from Bob's Burgers Crochet Pattern

UPDATE 2/8/23: I corrected some weird formatting! Also, if you make these, do not sell them unless you're doing it privately. Not because I care, but because Fox will send you a cease and desist order immediately. I know from experience. I'm so proud of getting cease and desists from so many huge companies when I'm selling something for $20 that takes hours to make. Incredible!

As promised. Here's Kuchi Kopi! When finished he's about 6" tall. My gauge was about 5sts/in and 4 rows/in. If you want to make him bigger or smaller I recommend using a different sized hook.

What You Need:

  • size F hook
  • yarn needle
  • stitch marker
  • worsted or aran yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft in pistachio, white, black and turquoise)
  • some sorta stuffing
What You Need To Know How To Do (+ Abbreviations):
  • ch: chain
  • sc: single crochet
  • st/sts: stitch/stitches
  • rnd/rnds: round/rounds
  • sewing to attach parts


NOW BEGIN!

I worked in back loops only, but you don't need to unless you want the same texture!

Starting at the bottom of your Kuchi's body:
Ch 4, join to form loop;
Rnd 1: 8 sc in loop;
Rnd 2: inc in each sc around (16);
Rnd 3: work even;
Rnd 4: inc in each sc around (32);
Rnd 5: work even;
Rnd 6: *sc, inc, repeat from * around (48);
Rnd 7-15: work even;
Rnd 16: *4 sc, sc2tog, repeat from * around (40);
Rnd 17: work even;
Rnd 18: *3 sc, sc2tog, repeat from * around (32);
Rnd 19: work even;
Rnd 20: *2 sc, sc2tog, (24);
Rnd 21: 2 sc, inc (32);
Rnd 22: 3 sc, inc (40);
Rnd 23-25: work even;
Rnd 26: 2 sc, sc2tog (30);
Rnd 27: work even;
Rnd 28: sc, sc2tog (20);
Rnd 29: work even;
Rnd 30 onward: sc2tog until you can close the hole;

Hopefully you stuffed and shaped your Kuchi before you closed the hole...

Kuchi Kopi Arms:
Ch 7;
Rnd 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 4 sts, 3 sc in last st, then sc up the other side of the chain (14 sts, counting the first ch);
Rnd 2-6: work even;
Rnd 7: sc2tog, 5 sc, sc2tog, 5 sc (12);
Rnd 8: work even;
Leave a tail for sewing on - sew them on when you feel like. I also used a stitch or two to secure the arms to Kuchi's sides, so they weren't flopping about. I stuffed them with a tiny bit of stuffing to give the hands some dimension too, but this is your call.

Ears (make 2):
Ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 3 ch;
Leave a tail for attaching and ball up the little ears a bit to make them sort of rosettes or whatever then sew them on.

Eyes (make 2):
Ch 4, sl to form loop, 8 sc in loop, sl to 1st sc;
Leave a tail for stitching onto the head;
To make the pupils I drew the black yarn through the eyeball where I wanted them and knotted it then hid the ends of the yarn behind the eye when I attached it to the head (I don't know how much sense that makes. I encourage you to wing this step).

Bowtie:
Ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across, work even for 6 more rows, 7 rows total - this is the bow part of the bowtie;
Break off yarn and weave in your ends;
Ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across - this is the knot part of the bowtie and you want to wrap it around the center of the above part and secure it to make the bow;
Break off yarn;
Make tight chain to wrap around neck to your desired length;
Attach all your pieces;
Stitch mouth with black;
Done.

Happy crafting, internet frands!

Please give my Facebook page a like if you dig this pattern. Also pay a visit to my Etsy shop!

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Crochet Pattern - The Fox Plush from The Little Prince

My Friend Wilby FREE Crochet Pattern from Starfield!

Schmanley Cup FREE Crochet Pattern To Make A Very Obvious Knock-Off Non-Functional Stanley Cup