Mood Blanket Challenge 2015: It Is Finished

UPDATE 2/6/23: Wow I finished this early. I did not follow the rules at all. At least I finished. I don't think the person running the challenge even finished.  

Or I'm finished at least. With a whopping 198 squares of pure agony. That's 11 rows of 18 squares each. I was supposed to make it to the end of the year for a total of 360 squares (plus some rest days in there). But I don't need a damn queen-sized blanket and I've developed a boiling hatred for solid grannies.

I vow on this day to never make another blanket with solid granny squares. Never. Never again, my friends. In fact, I don't think I'll ever make another solid granny square again. The tedium is crippling. If I had been actually making squares based on my mood they all would have been either blood red or black the last few months to represent the immense rage I felt whenever I had to make them.

Shout out to Siouxsie Stitches, who initiated this terrible event here. Thanks, I've got a new blanket now. It is 100 degrees outside and I have a new blanket. A hideous new blanket. The cats like it.

Want a tutorial for solid grannies? This.

I chose to join each of my squares with black and your basic sc join. Instructions here. It creates a neat framed look and some texture as well. After finishing a row I did a round of black sc around it before joining to the blanket. When the beast was finished I then did a round of sc around the entire monstrosity. I was going to do two rounds, but it took forever to circumnavigate it once, so I called it quits because, my God, I just wanted this all to be over.

 And now...it is.

Comments

  1. My goodness, this had to take some immense patience. I would have given up muuuuuch earlier. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Crochet Pattern - The Fox Plush from The Little Prince

My Friend Wilby FREE Crochet Pattern from Starfield!

Schmanley Cup FREE Crochet Pattern To Make A Very Obvious Knock-Off Non-Functional Stanley Cup