In the upcoming days though I'm planning on shooting some time-lapse video of the top of the glaive. This will either be super cool or really boring. After that I might take a little break to work on my Nisha costume, which is not crochet.
This bow is a little smaller than the butt bow. I stuffed the heart with a bit of polyfil. I made the butt bow in a bunch of separate pieces, but I chose to do the bulk of this bow as a single, long piece. Then I made the two dangly pieces and the heart. I posted a number of progress pics of this bow last week. Here's some more:
Butt Bow Tweakin'
After I stuffed the heart of the boob bow I went back and put some polyfil into the fake knot of the butt bow to give it a little more dimension. I think it was an improvement. Eventually I'll get around to attaching this bow to the skirt.
I crocheted one 40" long rectangle for the shaft of the glaive. I then used an invisible seam to stitch it to the framework I made. This was super tedious. I watched all of Revolutionary Girl Utena, several episodes of The Shield and also listened to a few hours of music as I did this mindless work. It's way more fun to do parts with less predictable color changes and parts that are odd shapes.
I'll definitely be doing at least one side of the top and I may also start on the bottom. I'm pretty excited to shape the different sections of the bottom. The duct tape form I made is pretty lumpy and I'll be smoothing out the parts with polyfil. Polyfil is my BFF.
See some of my other posts on this project here.