If you make one of these hats, please link back here to share the pattern and also feel free to share pictures on the WRC Facebook!
What You Need
- worsted weight yarn in 2 colors - Color A (I used pink) and Color B (I used gray)
- size J crochet hook
- 3" pom pom maker
- Ch 85 with color A, turn (the chart is 40 st across and this puts a 2 st border running up both sides of the hat)
- Row 1 - sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc across, ch 1, turn
- Row 2 - sl across
- Row 3 - add in color B and begin working the below chart in tapestry crochet with sc (hint: you'll be starting color B in the 6th st from your hook; if you want the design on the front and back you'll repeat the chart twice with 2 st in color A between)
- Row 4 - continue with the 2nd line of the chart, but work it in sl
- Row 5 and onward - alternate rows of sc and sl to complete the chart
- Finishing: do a final row of sc in color A, close seams with color A, add pom poms to top corners, wear, enjoy, carry on!
I closed the seams with basic sl, but you can also stitch them closed with a yarn needle and color A. If you want to make a different sized hat then I recommend either going up or down a few hook sizes.