Mood Blanket Challenge 2015: The Misery Continues

UPDATE 2/6/23: I aggressively leaned into how much I hated this. I hated it so much that I finished it super early because I wanted to be done. This absolutely means I was the winner of the challenge. Fight me.

Take a look at my current inventory on Etsy or head to Ko-Fi for patterns and much more! 

Of course I didn't make an entire row. The fact that I said I was going to rendered me incapable of doing so. I made 9 squares, which is half of a row, so I only half lied. There's a lot of brown again. That's some Vanna's Choice. I don't care for it. It's really...squishy? I don't hate it like I do Paton's Metallic, it's just not my first choice for acrylic. I made a custom Twin Peaks hat last week and had some leftover - not enough to make anything else of substance - so I just made some squares.

I'm pretty sure that after I attach this final row, I'll be finished. There's going to be a black border around the whole blanket and that will add a bit more width if necessary.

I did some yarn reclamation yesterday, scrapping a few unfinished projects here and there that I realized I was never going to finish. This gave me some new colors to use as squares in this endless blanket of pain.

You know, I made a scrapghan last year all on my own. No "challenge" involved. And it was a boring, old work from the center outward in rounds giant granny. It seems like I would have viewed that as immensely more boring than this blanket, but it was painless. I don't know what it is about a bunch of little squares that elicits such anger from me. Maybe it's the joining and weaving in all the ends? That shit is a drag. I'm joining and weaving as I go though so it doesn't seem so bad. Perhaps it's causing some unconscious hatred to brew as I go.

Anyway, here's a picture of a cat on the blanket for good measure. Who doesn't love cats on crochet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FREE Crochet Pattern - The Fox Plush from The Little Prince

My Friend Wilby FREE Crochet Pattern from Starfield!

Schmanley Cup FREE Crochet Pattern To Make A Very Obvious Knock-Off Non-Functional Stanley Cup