Thursday, June 5, 2014

Cybershade WIP

I keep telling myself that I need to finish one of my major cosplay projects before starting another. This refers to my damn Lady Zer0 suit and the piece of crap Mercy Hartigan/Cyberking prototype. I do not listen to myself and proceeded to get bored with my life and start a Cybershade mask. I haven't finished it yet, of course.

At the moment it is made of cardboard and Model Magic - no joke. When it's done and completely dry I'm going to resin it and sand it then paint it. I'm thinking black nylon behind the eyes and the mouth and then repurposing a black t-shirt to make the "hair" or wtfever these things have. This is actually probably what I'll finish first then the Miss Hartigan headpiece and knowing me I'll be finishing my Zer0 suit and sword like the day before Dragon*Con because I'm an idiot.

On the subject of painting...I'm probably actually going to make both this mask as well as the headpiece silver instead of the copper color they actually are. Listen. This is because warm metal colors make me look totally washed out and we can't have that. I also don't have time to procure or make a freakin' red Victorian dress for Miss Hartigan. What I am probs going to do is take some liberties and modernize her in a green dress. I will though have the all-important black out contacts. Let's be honest, the whole reason I want to make that costume is an excuse to buy black out contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment